ROASTED CAPSICUM & TOMATO SOUP
1 tspn oregano (several sprigs if using fresh oregano)
- Place capsicum and garlic on a tray lined with a sheet of baking paper. Season with olive oil and sea salt. Bake in the oven at 200C for about fifteen to twenty minutes until the capsicum has started to blacken and the skin blisters.
- Remove capsicum and garlic from the oven and allow to cool. Peel the skins off and discard.
- In a pot, heat the olive oil and sautee the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the capsicum, garlic, tomatoes and oregano. Fry for a few minutes.
- Add enough stock to cover what's in the pot. The more stock you add, the more watery the soup will be in the end. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Blend to desired consistency.
Dinner: Steak and Veg
Back to bed.