Friday 23rd July 2010

I needed to eat something this morning before I could take my cold and flu tablets. I heated a pie in the microwave at work.

Alas! In my rush, I accidentally left the lid directly over the container instead of to one side to leave a gap for the heated up air to escape. When I removed my Tupperware container from the microwave, the lid had inverted into a concave shape and I had to pry it open with a fork. I think I've ruined the lid - it doesn't fit tightly over the base now =/

Then there's my pie. It was an imploded mess. I still ate it though.

Herbert Adams' Chicken & Leek Pie



TORAYA SUSHI
Shop 8, 29 Station Street, Subiaco

Vince and I went for lunch today. Feeling under the weather, I didn't really feel like much but Japanese food sounded like a safe choice.

We walked down the road to Toraya and both had the lunch special.

Vince had the Chicken Schnitzel set.


I ordered the Agedashi Tofu set - $12.5


Included in the set was miso soup,


Agedashi tofu,


salad,


and rice.


I barely made it home after work this evening. I think I took one too many cold and flu tablets. As soon as I got home, I had a shower and crawled into bed. I had planned to wake up to have some dinner but I was out cold until 11:30pm and even then I couldn't manage to sit up, let alone cook and eat.

Feeling miserable. This is like the fifth time I've been sick in the last few months.

No comments: