Sunday 22nd August 2010

Breakfast
Home cooked Big Breakfast

While I was eating breakfast, I was worrying about how I was going to finish my costume for the medieval carnivale I'm going to next weekend. Mum's sewing machine jammed up on me last night - I think it's in dire need of a servicing.

Fortunately, I was able to cross the street to my Aunty's place and use her sewing machine.

Unfortunately, however, it's an old fashioned sewing machine that does not run on electricity. I spent about half an hour trying to figure out to use the foot pedal. I was squealing with delight when I finally figured it out though.


After five hours of continuous sewing, I skipped back across the street and got stuck into preparing dinner.

Dinner
Beef & Pork Vietnamese Noodles

I made the soup base by boiling some water with a stalk of lemongrass, dried shrimp, star anise, pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce and a pork hock. The soup was deliciously sweet. Usually I add some chilli to make the soup spicy but I left it out this time.

Mum cut the meat off the bone from the pork hock. I love the gelatinous meat and skin. Soooo tasty!

No comments: