Sunday 29th August 2010

NANNUP BRIDGE CAFE

We trawled up and down the street for about an hour, waiting for the cafe to open so we could have breakfast. With nothing open and no one else around, we felt like we were on the street in some country and western movie. Minus the chaps, horses and tumbleweeds.

(Oh, and by the way...no, I wasn't drinking wine early in the morning! We just had time to kill so we busied ourselves taking photos.)

Soy Macchiato


'Bridge Breakfast'


With our bellies full, we hopped into the car and made the drive back to Perth.

What an awesome weekend!



Dinner
Tiger Prawn Salad

I bought the prawns from a seafood store next to a petrol station on the drive back from Nannup. They were already cooked so I just peeled them when I got home. It's not really salad weather yet, but I could not resist these gorgeous prawns when I saw them.

I made the dressing with some mayonnaise, tomato sauce, lime juice, cracked pepper and fresh chopped parsley. I used the whole lime because I love the tanginess. Tanginess...don't think that's a word...

I enjoyed my salad with the apricot liqueur I bought in Balingup combined with soda water.

No comments: