Monday 18th October 2010

Lunch at Work
Chicken Salad

I roasted some chicken maryland pieces with a blend of spices - Asian five spice, coriander, cayenne pepper, cajun, sea salt and chilli flakes. It turned out delicious! I tore all the meat off the bones and used the pan juices to make the dressing with some mayonnaise.

A slice of Maz's chocolate cake.


Dinner
Okra Curry with Prawns

I took out a bag of frozen okra from the freezer a few days ago to thaw out. When I removed the pieces of okra from the bag, they were so slimy. Not because they'd gone off, but okra has a sliminess that you cook off.


I was very excited to use my new blue Le Creuset pot!

While cooking the curry, I added too much coconut milk! I was worried that the entire dish would be a disaster, but as the curry simmered, the curry got better and I was able to balance out the final taste by adding more spices.

No comments: