Monday 25th October 2010

Now, here's something I haven't made for many years. Not since when I used to work at Lenard's. That's right, I used to work at the Lenard's store in Centro Maddington (it was called Metro Maddington back then) and I prepared all the chicken products. I can happily say that I learnt a thing or two about preparing chicken while working there!

CHICKEN KIEV

Ingredients:

  • 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, tenderloin removed
  • 2 Tbn butter
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 tspn mixed herbs
  • 2 tspn cornflour
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs
  • salt and pepper to season

    Method:
    1. Combine the butter with the garlic and mixed herbs. Place in fridge to harden.


    2. Using a small, sharp knife, pierce a small slit in the centre of the chicken breast, careful not to cut all the way through to the other side.
    3. Fill this incision with the garlic herb butter.
    4. Lightly dust the chicken breast fillet in cornflour.
    5. Dip the chicken breast fillet in the beaten egg.


    6. Lightly season the bread crumbs and coat the chicken breast fillet in it.


    7. Bake in the oven at 180C for about forty minutes.


    Dinner
    Chicken Kiev with Salad


    I left the chicken cooking about ten minutes too long (I was distracted watching Junior Masterchef!) and so the chicken wasn't as moist as I would have liked.
  • No comments: