Friday 3rd December 2010

It hasn't taken me long to infiltrate my new job with my love for eating. It helps that everyone at work loves to eat too. So, without too much effort, we have started what we hope will become a weekly event - we shall collect a small fee from everyone and either on Thursday or Friday each week, one of us will go and shop for a smorgasbord of food for us to all share.

Behold - our feast!

This was the quiche I made last night, which we all tucked into for morning tea. I was disappointed that the pastry was a bit undercooked on the base. I should have blind baked it a bit longer.

Prosciutto
Rivergum Ham
Olives, Sundried Tomatoes & Fetta
Duck Terrine


More of Ian's Harissa paste, fresh avocado and fresh sliced bread.


Rebecca brought in some Brie.


She was so eager, she didn't realise she was making her sandwich
on one of the plastic bags that the food arrived in!


I made two sandwiches. It took me several laps around the table to be able to get a bit of all the ingredients, much to everyone's amusement. On the left, avocado, brie, ham and duck terrine. On the right, harissa, prosciutto and sundried tomatoes.

For something sweet, we had some of Rebecca's lemon butter with fresh strawberries. This combination was divine! You get the tartness of the lemon butter with the sweetness of the very ripe strawberries. I must get her recipe to make this lemon butter when my lemons are ripe!

With our tummies full, we beamed at each other - it was an extremely successful lunch! Can't wait for next week!


Tonight I had Vernon and Victoria over for dinner. Vernon saw one of my blog posts and so he 'ordered' this for tonight. I was happy to oblige.

Entree
Asparagus Soup served with a Dinner Roll


Main Course
Scotch Fillet with a creamy Garlic, Chilli & Saffron sauce with Prawns
Steamed Asparagus spears and butter roasted Potatoes


Time for a coffee!

No comments: