Monday 13th December 2010

Dinner
Linguine with Pork & Leek Meatballs
in a rich Tomato Sauce with Ian's Harissa


Awww - Simba watching me in the kitchen.


I have spent the past few weeks trying to figure out if I have a mating pair of Bolivian Rams - otherwise known as Bolivian Butterflies.

They are a gorgeous species and are the most passive of all the cichlids. They're great in a community tank with other fish. I have read up on them in online literature and have tried to 'sex' them. Meaning, I have tried to tell whether they are male or female. I know one of them is definitely a male, but the other I bought a few weeks ago and I was hoping it was a female but I am becoming less and less convinced.

Bolivian Rams spawn on rock surfaces so I spent a while rummaging through some desert rock at Aquotix. They look gorgeous in the aquarium, don't you think?

I love the rock with the hole in the centre.
The fish have their own Stargate!


This is one of the new Bolivian Rams I bought. I'm hoping it really is a girl.


One of my corys. Isn't he gorgeous?

No comments: