Sunday 12th December 2010

ROTTNEST ISLAND GETAWAY FOR LONG'S 30TH

Today was my first every trip to Rottnest Island. Yes, I have lived in Perth since 1992 and have not made it over to this gorgeous island until today.

We took the ferry and it was a beautifully warm day as we bounced across the ocean. I was building up with anticipation as the island drew near. I couldn't wait to hit the gorgeous blue water with my snorkel gear and camera!

We stopped at Little Salmon Bay and spent most of the morning there.


It really hit home how we spend money travelling overseas for holidays to visit beaches and relax in the warm sun, when we are missing out on these wonderful places right in our backyards! I guess it's a case of 'the grass is always greener'.

After the snorkelling, we were all famished and caught the bus to head back to town for lunch at Dome.

It's funny how I just spent the morning gazing at fish underwater,
and the only thing I was craving was fish and chips!


After lunch, we boarded the bus again and disembarked at Little Parakeet Bay for a really quick snorkel before it was time to head back to town to catch the ferry back to Perth.

Back in Perth, we were starving! So, we went out for dinner.


HAPPY STAR NOODLE HOUSE
48 Hulme Court, Myaree

Ivy did the ordering for us. I just wanted to eat!

Crispy Chicken


Crisky Skin Chicken


Sizzling Japanese Tofu


Complimentary Fresh Fruit


What an awesome day!

No comments: