Wednesday 22nd December 2010

Breakfast
Mum's Lor Mai Kai


Lunch
Marissa's Chicken Nuggets with Salad

I took home some of these chicken nuggets that Marissa made for our feast yesterday. I rummaged around in the fridge for whatever nibbles I could find to throw together this plate of leftovers for lunch.

In the evening I busied myself making cupcakes to take to work tomorrow for everyone. I used the prepackaged White Wings chocolate cake mixture but instead of using milk, I used buttermilk.

I also added chocolate chips into the mixture.

To decorate, I made a butter cream frosting.


By adding drops of green food colouring, I transformed some of the frosting to green and piped little 'christmas trees' on some of the cupcakes.

I crushed a candy cane to sprinkle onto some of the cupcakes.


I tried to pipe a 'wreath'. I think I need to work on my piping skills!


I didn't have time to find a cutter to make holly leaves, so I had another idea. Here's how to make holly leaves from green musk sticks:

Slice the musk stick.


As you can see, one side gets flattened against the chopping board when you slice it. Using a blunt utensil, make an indentation into the flattened side and this should reshape the musk stick slice to look like a holly leaf!

Voila! I used red mini M&Ms for the holly berries.


Dinner
Prawn Salad with a Tangy Dressing

I made the dressing with mayonnaise, tomato sauce and fresh squeezed lemon juice.

At a recent party I went to, they had this gorgeous new drink that I instantly fell in love with.

Smirnoff Vodka with Blood Orange

No comments: