Tuesday 21st December 2010

After work I headed into Subiaco to purchase some goodies to take to Marissa's for lunch. Well, it was supposed to be lunch but it turned into dinner by the time we had everything ready. Just as well I scoffed some pasta at work earlier to tide me over!

Marissa was busy crumbing some sliced baby eggplant and diced chicken when I arrived.

Home made chicken nuggets!


I prepared a trio of dipping sauces:
Nando's peri peri sauce, sweet chilli sauce and Vietnamese dipping sauce.


I thought the fried eggplant tasted a bit like calamari!


Marissa also made a salad with lettuce, cherry tomatoes, orange segments and avocade with a thick balsamic glaze for dressing.

I brought some meats from the store in Subiaco for a charcuterie platter. The Spanish Serrano was divine! Much more sweeter and it had a softer texture than the Prosciutto. I also got some Hot Salami and Honey & Mustard Glazed Ham. Yum!

Oh dear! I just realised I forgot to take a photo of the cheeses! I bought a segment of the Jensens Red soft cheese that I've posted about before and Marissa loved it. 'Smelly Feet' cheese, she calls it. I also bought a French Baguette from Jean Claude's Patisserie, which Marissa cut up and we ate it with the cheese.

This was the first of two jugs of Pimms we had throughout the evening!


Our feast on the ottoman.


For dessert, we shared a little Brioche that I bought from Jean Claude's Patisserie in Subiaco. It was soooo good! It was filled with a deliciously creamy custard with small chunks of rhubarb with what we thought was Cognac or some sort of brandy.

After our feast, we lounged infront of the TV with a cup of flower tea. The tea 'flower's have been handwoven! Very pretty.

What a day. *rolls into bed*

No comments: