Monday 17th January 2011

I love cooking with my Le Creuset pots. For lunch today, I put together a simple pasta dish.

Lunch
Angel Hair with Prawns, Leek & Cherry Tomatoes in Garlic & Chilli Olive Oil


For dinner, I spied a bottle of bechamel sauce in the pantry. I also found some beef mince in the freezer, so I made a beef sauce with a can of crushed tomatoes and grated carrot.


I layered it with thin slices of zucchini, mushrooms and the bechamel sauce.


Always finish off with bechamel on the top.


Dinner
Beef & Vegetable Lasagne


Oops, when I went to plate up, I realised to my dismay that I had used too much bechamel! I didn't want to store any in the freezer so I had emptied out the rest of the bottle over the top. Without some pasta to absorb some of the moisture, it resulted in a rather sloppy dish. However, it was still just as tasty! It was more of a casserole!

No comments: