Thursday 27th January 2011

THURSDAY LUNCH

Woo! It's Thursday lunch at work again!

One of our scientists hails from India and she brought in a gorgeous vegetarian curry for us. She catered for the entire team! We were so busy that I only managed a short break to wolf down some of it, but it really hit the spot. I loved the sweetness and subtle spiciness of the curry. There was a medley of different vegetables in there - I imagine you could use any kind of vegetable that you had on hand. I especially loved the juicy, crisp corn kernels.

Toasted bread buns with Rucha's Vegetarian Curry.


We also had the sausages and beef patties that were leftover
from my BBQ yesterday for those who craved some protein!


For dessert, Lidie brought in this gorgeous homemade Cheesecake.


We were amazed at the unique presentation. I have never seen a cheesecake prepared this way. When we cut a slice, we were oohing and aahing over the way she had layered the biscuits. There were glazed cherries and I believe chocolate in the centre.

It's so fantastic to work with people who enjoy their food.


Dinner
Spaghetti with Seafood and a rich Tomato sauce with Ian's Harissa

No comments: