Thursday 6th January 2011

TAPAS THURSDAY

In keeping with our weekly food feast at work, we each brought in a plate today for a shared lunch.

Last night, I made these Pork, Leek and Fennel Puffs.


I cooked the mince mixture and allowed it to cook in the fridge while I used a cookie cutter to cut out the pastry circles. I put some of the mince on each circle and folded the pastry over to make little crescent moon shapes. I brushed some egg wash over the pastries before putting them into the oven.

I was watching for the pastry to puff up, but minute after minute, I noticed something was wrong. The pastry was not puffing up. Alas! I had used shortcrust pastry instead of puff pastry!

Never mind...they turned out ok. They were a bit dry but sweet chilli sauce remedied that.

Ian made baba ghanoush and happily gave us the recipe.


Gail made pizza bread.


I also made some 'crackers' from a remainder sheet of shortcrust pastry and on some I put some cream cheese, smoked salmon and dill. On the others I put some diced roma tomatoes and fresh basil.

For a snack in the afternoon, I had some natural yoghurt with berries and honey.

No comments: