Wednesday 5th January 2011

With the day off work, I had a relaxed, lazy breakfast when I finally decided to get out of bed.

Breakfast
Bacon & Poached Egg on Wholemeal Toast with Baked Beans

The baked beans were Jocelyn's leftovers in the fridge. I'm trying to clean out the fridge and avoid as much food wastage as possible but there's only so much I can eat and there's only so much of the food that Jocelyn eats that I'm willing to eat. I was actually looking forward to the baked beans, but they were so bland! The tomato sauce, instead of having a sweet, tomatoey taste, was tasteless! I think Jocelyn must eat the low salt version of baked beans. They were awful! I tried adding some salt and tobasco sauce but it ended up going in the bin.

After some grocery shopping and errand running, it was time for afternoon tea. On a mini pana di casa vienna roll from Bakers Delight, I layered thinly sliced strips of prosciutto, sliced roma tomato and sliced bocconcini. I drizzled a bit of olive oil over, cracked some black pepper and popped it into the oven for about ten minutes until the cheese has melted.

Garnish with fresh basil leaves from the garden...


and then it heads to my mouth.


Dinner
Cajun roasted Chicken Thigh with a warm Vegetable Salad and Cous Cous


I roasted some pumpkin and a bulb of garlic, halved, in the oven with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and cracked black pepper. I steamed the beans and then tossed them through the other vegetables. I toasted some pinenuts and added these too. Great to eat as it is but I also made some cous cous and mixed that through the vegetables.

The cloves of garlic were cooked perfectly! I am going to smell like garlic at work tomorrow after having some of this for lunch!

No comments: