Saturday 26th February 2011

Tonight I had planned on stopping by the shops on the way home to buy some chicken for dinner. I was going to roast it at home before taking it to Ling and Shallen's for dinner, but I had to stay back at work so I had a ten minute window to powerwalk through the shops to grab some chicken and then get home, marinate it, and then pack it up with some salad and other things and drive over to Ling and Shallen's.

I picked such a great day to roast chicken in the oven - I should have just strapped the chicken to the top of my car and it could have cooked by the time I got to their house! While the chicken was in the oven, I prepared our starter while we chatted.

Bocconcini, sliced Roma Tomatoes & fresh Basil on Pane di Casa

The basil in my garden is growing beautifully but I need to remember to keep using it so that it doesn't go to waste. It wasn't until after we'd finished that I realised that in my haste, I had forgotten to drizzle some olive oil over the bread and add a sprinkling of cracked black pepper. Ah well, it tasted just as fresh and we had some chilled white wine to wash it down with.

Roasted Chicken Thighs with Salad & Corn

Ling threw the corn in with the chicken for the last ten minutes or so and they were cooked perfectly!

No comments: