Tuesday 22nd February 2011

SINGAPORE - DAY FOURTEEN

We tried to get up early so we could make the most of the time we had in Singapore today. We packed, checked out of the hotel and then headed out for breakfast at the hawker center in Bugis.

Fish Congee with Yew Tiao - SD$3.50


Black Carrot Cake - SD$2


Hainanese Chicken Rice


Wantan Mee



We took the MRT to the shopping malls at Novena and split up for some shopping. I went to have some reflexology - boy did I need it! Afterwards, time for lunch.


SUSHI TEI
Novena Square

This is a popular and ubiquitous chain of sushi stores throughout Singapore. The set up is similar to the Jaws stores that we have in Perth. There is a conveyor belt that traverses the entire restaurant and you select whatever takes your fancy and they charge you afterwards according to the colour of the plates your food was served on.

Salmon Nigiri


Prawn Nigiri


Jellyfish Ghunkan


Caviar Ghunkan


Unagi Nigiri


I tried this drink that was a special promotion at Mr Bean - Passionfruit Soya Bean.

It was terrible!! I had a few sips and had to throw it out.


At the airport I had my last meal.
Chicken Rice - SD$6.50



Onboard, I entertained myself with the 'Phantom of the Opera' soundtrack, a coffee and a snack we bought in a bakery in Singapore before we boarded.

Ham & Pineapple Pizza - it's a bit blurry because of the turbulence.


Aah, I have enjoyed the high life and the low life when it comes to food on this trip. As usual, I love to pamper and indulge myself in fine cuisine, yet I also love to hit the local places and sample the streetfare. All in all, it was a fantastic holiday but I can't wait to get home to my own bed!

No comments: