Saturday 23rd April 2011

BANGKOK - DAY TWO

I always eat breakfast as soon as I wake up. It was good to know that the other girls did too so we all bought our goodies yesterday and woke up with a full fridge!

I started with a cup of instant rice porridge.

I confused myself with the time zone and instead of waking up on time, I woke up two hours earlier than everyone else. When they sat down to their breakfast, I had a second breakfast!

Pastries from the bakery!

We walked in the sweltering heat to some new shopping malls, where we eventually had a late lunch in the food court. It was disappointing that the staff generally did not speak english so communication was really difficult, even when just trying to point to the picture of the food we wanted.

Mixed Meatball Noodle Soup - 45 THB

I know - this was about AUD$1.50!! It was just what I needed. A clear, light broth, different dumplings and lots of fresh chillies.

We had Pad Thai with Seafood again for a late afternoon snack.


It is so good to be on holidays with people who eat as often as I do!!

Are you ready?

Dinner time!

We found a little casual restaurant and decided to have dinner there as we were famished.

Thai Basil Beef


Kai Lan with Oyster Sauce


Thai Fried Rice with Prawns


Century Egg & Pork Porridge

This was our most expensive meal during the trip because it was in an actual 'restaurant' establishment. But still much cheaper than eating in a Thai restaurant back home!


I got this Glass Noodle Salad with Seafood to takeaway for supper.


Aah, Peppermint Tea, where are you?

No comments: