Friday 6th May 2011

For a late afternoon snack at work today, I made myself a curried egg sandwich. I brought a boiled egg still in the shell, some mayonnaiseand curry powder. I peeled the egg and mashed it up (with a bit of difficulty as I was using a plastic fork) and added some mayonnaise, curry powder and a pinch of salt. Yum!

I was watching an episode of Masterchef on Channel 10 and the contestants were faced with the challenge of cooking a dish that they could see themselves eating for the rest of their lives if they were stranded on a dessert island.

I knew immediately what dish would be my 'dessert island' dish.

Shell Pasta Soup with Speck

You probably won't be surprised since I do post this dish up quite often. However, each time there is usually some variation to it. Sometimes I use chicken. Sometimes I use speck. Sometimes it's vegetarian. Sometimes I use a different pasta - risoni, mini shells, large shells.

It's such a versatile dish and full of wonderful flavours and textures. It's perfect for cold winter nights or when I'm feeling under the weather. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner - all in the one day!

It's comfort food.

Love it.

No comments: