Sunday 24th July 2011

HIGH TEA HOUSEWARMING

I invited some wonderful ladies over for high tea today as a housewarming. I asked that each person bring a plate of high tea goodness and we ended up with a feast!

Last night I finally did something I have always wanted to try.

Ice cubes with flower petals.


I used carnation flowers. So purty!


As everyone arrived, I made lemonade.
Lemon cordial, soda water and fresh lemon slices.


And turned it pink with grenadine!


Using chicken sausages, I made sausage rolls with puff pastry.


I toasted some Melba toasts in the oven with some salami,
cheese and my homemade sundried cherry tomatoes.


I also made some wholemeal cucumber sandwiches.


Here's what my guests brought:

Cupcakes


Hedgehog Slice


Matchsticks with Jam and Cream


Profiteroles with a savoury filling.


These were sooo morish!


Jaffa Cake


Fruit Flan


Croatian Donuts


Sandwiches


Sausage Rolls


Oyster 'Pate'


O. M. G.
This was frackin' awesome! I must must get the recipe!


An amazing day of food and fantastic company!

Thanks ladies!

No comments: