Sunday 4th December 2011

This morning I struggled out of bed at 4:30am to get ready and make the drive to Benoit's place to go abalone fishing for the first time. It was a gorgeous morning with no breeze, which meant the water should be nice and calm. It just so happened that low tide would coincide with the time we were allowed to get into the water to beginning looking for the little delicacies.

This is my catch that I brought home!


I sat outside to shell and clean them.


While I was cleaning the abalone, I noticed with a shriek of delight that my sweet potato has finally started to grow! I buried it months ago along with some potatoes but while the potatoes flourished, there was nothing to be seen at the spot where I buried the sweet potato. Until today!

Abalone Stirfry

Up at 4:30am, I resisted the urge to take a nap and instead got alot of housework done. By dinner time, I was craving something simple.

Congee with Barramundi, Ginger and Spring Onion

No comments: