Saturday 12th May 2012

ATOMIC CAFE
19-21 Mends Street, South Perth

I caught up with Mum, Christina and Jocelyn this morning for breakfast in South Perth. We had to wait a while until a table freed up but the food didn't take long to arrive after we ordered.

I had the Mushroom Bruschetta with Goats Cheese and two Poached Eggs.


I bought some paneer yesterday and got busy in the afternoon trying a curry dish for tonight's dinner at Sarah's place. I thought I'd make a cauliflower and paneer curry. I googled a recipe that didn't involve grinding three different spice mixtures and three hundred steps. Plus, I didn't want to have to go out and buy any new spices.

I ground some cardamom pods and fennel seeds with ground cumin, coriander and turmeric.


Finely diced white onion, red onion, crushed garlic and sliced fresh red chillies.


Paneer, cubed.


Cauliflower florets


In a pot, I heated some oil and then fried the onion, garlic and chillies. I added the spices and after a few minutes, added some tomato paste and chicken stock and cooked it for a few minutes - what gorgeous flavours! I then added a can of crushed tomatoes, the paneer, cauliflower, some fresh curry leaves and some water. Once the curry came to a boil, I covered the pot with a lid and simmered it on low heat for about half an hour.

Even though I don't know if this is how it's supposed to turn it, it sure tasted great!


Sarah's Horse Biryani - absolutely amazing!


Sarah marinated the horse in yoghurt overnight to tenderise it. If no one told me it was horse, I would have thought it was some cut of beef.

Leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow? Yes please!

No comments: