Friday 22nd Feb '08

For once I'm showing what I had for breakfast!!I prepared this last night while I was making dinner so that I could just wake up and chuck it in the oven while I got ready for work.

You can enjoy this as an appetiser or sidedish, for breakfast, or even a light lunch. It's my version of bruschetta that doesn't require as much preparation. You can use any bread, but it's better if you use Italian bread. You can buy mini 'pane di casa' rolls from Bakers Delight.
Tomato, Basil & Bocconcini Bruschetta

  • Slice the bread lengthways into two pieces.
  • Layer the bread with sliced tomato, then fresh basil, then sliced bocconcini.
  • Bake in oven for about ten minutes or until you can see the bocconcini has softened.
  • Serve with a drizzle of olive oil.

    Tips:
  • You must put the basil under the bocconcini, otherwise it will burn in the oven.
  • Use ripe tomatoes for more flavour, or roma tomatoes.
  • No comments: