Sunday 24th Feb '08

Tonight I got some pippies/cockles out of the freezer and made pasta. I love love LOVE cockles. I have not eaten a mussel since I got hooked on cockles. *drool*

I would put up the recipe for this dish but I don't remember exactly what I put in it. I don't follow recipes so every time I cook a dish, it's always a little different depending on what I've decided to add. Here's one version of the recipe:


Pasta with Cockles in a Tomato Basil Sauce

  • Heat some olive oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and sautee for a minute.
  • Add fresh chopped basil and half a white/brown onion that's been sliced.
  • Stir in some tomato paste and fresh diced roma tomatoes.
  • Add some white wine and simmer.
  • Stir in cockles, the other half of the onion and al dente pasta. Cover with a lid to allow cockles to cook, stirring occasionally.
  • Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesa/pecorino and chilli.

    *drool*
  • No comments: