Monday 2nd Jun '08

In the morning I found Simba in the lounge resting with the remote beneath his front paws. It looked like he was going to turn the TV on to watch something! So cute!!

Later Christina accompanied Mum and Aunty to one of my mum's friend's place to bask in the splendour of their own garden in the backyard. My aunty has been gobsmacked with all the lush vegetation we have here in Perth. Back in Singapore although it's a tropical climate, they don't have large backyards for planting vegetable gardens. They have all the fresh produce they need available at the many markets around the city but they do not compare in size and freshness to those that you grow in your own garden.


Afterwards, we went for lunch at Lido's on William Street in Northbridge. It was my first time there and nothing about the place really stood out. Just another 'authentic' asian restaurant with tacky decor. They've made an attempt with a stylish looking bar but the rest of the place lets it down.

Entrees:
stuffed chicken wings
pork and prawn vietnamese spring rolls
fried calamari


The entrees were great but overpriced compared to other vietnamese restaurants I've been to. From memory it was $9 for the two stuffed chicken wings!

My main - bun bo hue of course!



After lunch (we were stuffed from all our noodle soups!) we took a drive to Cottesloe to show my aunty the beach. It was such a beautiful day! Too bad I had to leave them as they were getting ice cream and get to work for the night shift.

No comments: