Tuesday 3rd Jun '08

After working the long weekend, I decided to take my lobster out of the freezer and treat myself.

Oysters naturale with fresh lemon
Lobster half with homemade cajun wedges


Simba was in my room snuggled up in a sleeping bag hoping that I'd give him some of my lunch. Sorry babe, not this time.


After lunch I followed my mum and aunty to one of my mum's friend's place to check out her garden. We picked clean one of her chilli plants. She also has an orange tree but it's a pity the fruit can't be eaten because the fruitflies have gotten to them. They haven't had the time to spray the tree. The orange were so ripe, they were falling off the tree by themselves while we were there!


Later, I went to Marissa's parents' place and I went outside to see their garden since there was still alot of light around. Mr Pelle was busy in the garden. They've got beans, tomatoes, garlic, lettuces, vegetables, rocket, rosemary, oregano, basil, the list goes on! What I love the most is how lettuces grow in the cracks in the footpath instead of weeds!!


I stayed for a coffee and some cake. I decided to skip my art class tonight so that I could go home and spend a bit more time with my aunty before she flies home tomorrow. Back at home, I had some shark fin soup that my aunty had made.

shark fin soup; fried chilli my mum taught my aunty to make;
my dinner - spaghetti with lobster and basil in a rich tomato sauce

No comments: