Thursday 5th Jun '08

Tonight after work I tried out a new recipe with chicken. I've always heard that rosemary and sage are great herbs to cook chicken with so I finally got around to trying it out.


I filled a tray with roughly chopped carrots, potato, onion and whole garlic cloves. I then threw some sage and rosemary over the vegetables and laid out some lemon slices. I put two good sized chicken marylands over the vegetables and brushed the chicken and vegetables with melted butter. Into the oven it goes...

Wow, the dish smelled fantastic when I took it out of the oven!! However, I found that the vegetables underneath the chicken did not cook thoroughly so I had to rearrange the vegetables and continue cooking for another ten minutes or so.

Note to self: do not put chicken on top of vegetables to roast.

No comments: