Saturday 26th Jul '08

Back at home (still in my pyjamas!) I needed something for the slight hangover I had. Let's see...two glasses of wine at Lisa's place, then another four or five at the quiz night. Cheap bad 'house' red wine. *shudder*

Brunch: rice porridge with the rosemary and basil ham from Charlies, and some stirfried beans with garlic, bacon and soy sauce


Afternoon Snack: fish fingers and croquettes


The croquettes were my Mum's idea. She saw that they were on special and decided she'd get some to try. We had the potato and bacon ones and vegetable ones. They weren't bad but I wouldn't go out and buy them again.

I was hoping to get a few friends over for dinner but everyone had their own plans or couldn't be persuaded to leave the comfort of their homes to travel in the wet weather to my place. I watched 'Princess Diaries 2' on TV. It's such a corny corny corny movie! It was only made bearable by the fact that Julie Andrews and the older male actor who were in it. Julie Andrews adds that touch of class.

Dinner: Thai Green Chicken Curry
diced chicken thigh
green curry paste (from a can)
coconut milk
potato
red capsicum


Ah - I almost forgot about the pig trotters I bought the other day. I was going to make braised pig trotter from a recipe in a recipe book on Singaporean hawker dishes, but my Mum decided she would cook them for me. Being secretive about her recipes, I can assume that she put in ginger, garlic, soy sauce, oyster sauce and cloves. She knows that I love the beancurd so she put lots of that in. Yum! It was so good and perfect for this wet weather, that I ate it all in one sitting.

No comments: