Sunday 27th Jul '08

This morning I got out of bed with difficulty. I got ready in ten minutes and Kong came to pick me up. We were going out to Northbridge for dim sum as it was Ling's birthday yesterday. We went to Lok Fok on Roe Street.

chicken & century egg rice porridge
shanghai dumplings
chicken feet
beancurd rolls
prawn dumplings
prawn stuffed mushrooms
seaweed prawn rolls
deepfried squid tentacles
deepfried soft shell crab
prawn rice flour rolls
sticky glutinous rice
bbq pork buns


I think that's everything we ate...not including all the multiple portions. That's why I love going to dim sum with more people. It means you can order more and have more different dishes. It usually works out cheaper too.

Kong, Shallen and Yen Chen getting stuck into it


After getting dropped off back home, I headed out back to Northbridge to catch up with another group of friends who were having dim sum at Jade Garden Restaurant, which is their favourite place. I was so tempted to have more to eat even though I had only just walked out of the other restaurant just under an hour ago feeling like I couldn't eat another bite.

From there I went to Carousel to catch up with some work friends to watch MAMMA MIA! - I absolutely love Abba!! I saw the musical in New York and the movie was just as awesome. I was bopping along and mouthing the words to all the songs during the movie. I wish they would have a special screening where everyone gets up to dance and sing along. That would be so much fun!!

After the movie, I went to Ben and Ivy's place where we finally decided to go out for dinner instead of cooking. We went to the Singapore China Town Restaurant in Northbridge. I didn't order the dishes so I'll try my best with listing what we had.

crispy pork ribs
fried fish
steamed egg with century egg
combination claypot


I really enjoyed the fish and claypot dishes. We didn't realise there was alot of spinach in the claypot until we got to the bottom of it. We polished off everything except the egg dish. Partly because it was the last dish to come out and partly because it was just so eggy! I guess the best way to describe it is it's like an omelette but steamed. It has the texture and consistency of a mousse. Egg mousse! I found it a bit too salty with all the soy sauce and just too much egg. I don't think you can really eat too much of it at the one sitting.

Back at home, my dad had brought home some chilli King crab from dinner at our cousin's house. There was too much chilli in it for Jocelyn, but Christina and I managed to finish the rest off. It was delicious!! I rarely eat crab because it's just so messy and I think it's alot of work to get out what little meat they have. However, there is alot of meat in a King crab and these must have been a pretty good size. My dad says they were $35 per pound - one pound is equivalent to approximately 0.45 kilograms - which is the price I often see them advertised for. If you're going to eat crab, eat a big crab because it just feels more rewarding when you get those huge chunks of meat!


What a day for food! I'm exhausted just from eating!

No comments: