Sunday 24th Aug '08

Today a kid in the GP After Hours outside our lab threw up and I was feeling nauseas all day at just the thought of it. I couldn't eat my lunch and dared not venture through the waiting room to get the tearoom anyhow.

I got home and took Simba for a jog to the park. I let him off the leash and he ran around for a bit and I was able to put him back on the leash while he was busy sniffing around. I got home and was utterly famished!

Luckily I had the lunch that I was not able to eat at work today. It was something I'd gotten takeaway from Spencer Village last night when I was getting dinner.

Hainanese Chicken Rice


I veged out in my room and caught the Olympics closing ceremony on TV. Watching it, I couldn't stop myself feeling an enormous surge of emotion and having to reach for the tissues. It's just so incredibly beautiful how all these people from countries all over the world come together in the one place to represent their country and compete with integrity and honour. How amazingly proud they must feel to be there. If only what we've seen in the past two weeks were reflective of the actual state the world is in. Still, it gives me hope that one day countries will coexist peacefully with each other, governments will get their act together, and there is peace for all.

'Has Sarena been drinking?" you ask. No...not yet! I've been getting so into the games this year! I suppose with each year we get older and our thoughts turn to such things as global warming, world peace, and how many more kilos we need to gain before we get off our butts and do some exercise. That's one of the reasons I love watching Star Trek, Stargate and other scifi series. They embrace the idea that the people on Earth can be united despite their difference in nationality, cultural differences and ethnic background, to strive to better themselves and represent our planet.

As they started bringing out the tacky Chinese singers, I went to the kitchen to make dinner.

Lamb Shanks with Carrots, Potato & Fennel

No comments: