Thursday 20th Nov '08

Geraldton - Day FIVE


Lunch - Penne with Tuna, Garlic, Onion
Zucchini, Chilli, Olive & White Wine


After work, I went past the shops and bought some seafood to make lunch for the girls at work tomorrow. But before getting busy in the kitchen, I visited the beach for the last time. It was a bit gusty and the water was rather choppy so I just walked up and down the shore for a while.

a piece of driftwood


the Sunset Beach sign


Back at home, I showered, turned my mp3 player on and poured myself a glass of wine. I busied myself cooking a marinara sauce. I used the last cloves of garlic, an onion, a couple of cans of crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, white wine, olive oil, fresh basil and chilli flakes. I added the seafood at the last minute and then stirred the al dente penne through. I divided the pasta into some takeaway containers and left them on the bench to cool down before putting them into the fridge.


For my own dinner, I had bought a nice sized salmon steak yesterday, which I panfried in some olive oil and served with the rest of the gourmet salad leaves, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and some potatoes I had roasted with olive oil and rock salt. Delicious!!

the salmon was perfectly cooked


After dinner, I used up the rest of the ingredients in the fridge - bacon, mushrooms, onion and cream - to make a penne carbonara, which I left in the fridge for the scientist who was flying up to replace me over the weekend.

I spent most of the night between watching TV and packing my things so that I would be organised to go in the morning.

No comments: