Friday 27th March '09

Ah ha! I get to cross of another thing on my 'TO DO' list today. I bought mulch, several bags of potting mix, and some stuff for the backyard lawn to help it recover from the hot summer we've had. It's still really patchy but you can see that the grass is trying its hardest to grow back.

I also went out and re-bought the groceries that I had stolen from me last night. I didn't have time to stop by the aquarium shop though - had to get home and get ready for the night out I'd planned.


the WINDSOR BAR & CAFE on Mill Point Rd, South Perth


I flicked through the Entertainment book a few times to find somewhere for dinner. I decided on this place for three reasons:

  1. They were in the Entertainment book
  2. They were close to Cannington where we were going bowling afterwards; and
  3. I've always wanted to try this place out.

We had tables outside on the 'deck' and the weather was beautiful. It did get a bit breezy but it was still really nice sitting out in the fresh air. We initially had three tables but after a few people cancelled, we were able to squish comfortably onto two tables. Our table decided to order several of their woodfired pizzas to share, while the other table ordered their own individual meals.

Our table:

Windsor Grazing Plate for two
oysters
deepfried crumbed prawns
BBQ pork ribs
chorizo
marinated octopus
marinated olives
duck liver pate
chicken wings
pappadums with fresh salsa
toasted bread
fetta


It was difficult to share everything on this platter between six people, but we managed. I think the only complaint was the BBQ pork ribs. They were pretty much just a bone with sauce. Benoit lucked out and had a sliver of meat on his.

Johnny Cash
spicy strips of beef, lamb sausage, mushrooms,
caramelised onions, tomato, fresh chilli and mozzarella


Madras
tandoori chicken, eggplant kasundi, tomato,
baby spinach and mozzarella


Three Little Piggies
pepperoni, cacciatore, cabanossi,
barbecue sauce and mozzarella


Banderas
chorizo sausage, roasted red peppers, spanish onion,
green olives, smoked paprika, tomato and mozzarella


Fries


Ling adding fetta from the grazing plate to his pizza



The other table's meals:

Fish & Chips
Salmon
Barbecued Pork Spare Ribs
T-bone


Meng wanted me to make special mention of Jen stealing one of his chips - not just any chip though - check out the size of this chip!


I have to say, I definitely look forward to eating here again.


In the wee hours of the morning, I went to get a glass of water before bed but was horrified to find the mouse we'd been hunting was sitting right beside the freezer. it wasn't moving even though I'd turned the light on and I was afraid to make a move in case I scared it away. It didn't seem to want to go anywhere, so I went and woke up Mum to come and take care of it. It actually looks cute in this photo, but all those marks on the floor around it is its blood. It got caught in the mousetrap but somehow escaped but was hurt. It was only humane to put it out of its misery. I really need to look into getting a proper dog door for Simba instead of leaving the one my Dad made open for him.

No comments: