Thursday 26th March '09

I spent the day being proactive and managed to cross a few things off my 'TO DO' list.

  1. Remove the accummulation of clutter from my car
  2. Vaccuum my car
  3. Wash my car
  4. Clean filters in aquariums
  5. Top up water in aquariums

I also took Simba for a walk to the park and then came home and gave him a bath. Then I had a bath. Then I rushed to the shops to get some last minute groceries to make beef noodles tonight (bun bo hue).

I couldn't find the Vietnamese rice noodles at the Woolworths in Maddington, so I hurried to Thornlie Square to try the Coles there. In my haste, I must have not locked my car properly because when I got back to the car (empty-handed because I couldn't find the noodles at Coles or IGA), I noticed my bag of groceries was missing from the passenger seat.

I froze. I thought perhaps they had fallen to the floor of the car, so I had a quick look. I thought perhaps I'd lost my mind and put the groceries in the back. Did I put them in the boot!? I even looked in the glovebox! Nothing!

I got back into the driver seat and tried to retrace my steps - nope, I defintely brought the bag back to the car with me because I remember nestling it next to my handbag on the passenger seat. The only plausible explanation I can think of is that the guy I saw getting into his car when I was getting out of mine must have noticed that I didn't lock my car and decided to steal my groceries!!. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the thought. Even if it wasn't him...someone stole my groceries! I had in the bag some fresh mint, been shoots, grated pecorino cheese, chillies and a tray of pork belly rashers. Someone stole it out of my car. They didn't take my house keys that were in the cup holder. Nor the abundance of coins spilling out of my cointray. Aargh!

Anyhow, I got home and postponed the bun bo hue and made a steak dinner instead.

Dinner
Sirloin with Wilted Spinach & Prawns


I cooked the steak - turned out being rare! In the pan juices I wilted some spinach with ground cumin and ground coriander. The prawns were from the freezer. I had packed some in a zip lock bag with a splash of olive oil, lemon juice, julienned ginger, chilli flakes and fresh chopped coriander. I threw the prawns in together with the spinach and added more chilli flakes. I could taste the coriander and cumin flavours coming through the dish. Yum!

Later, Jocelyn wanted some chicken and corn soup. She didn't believe how easy it was to make, so I talked her through it. It probably took ten minutes overall and she still complained that she should have just heated soup from a can. *shakes her head*


No comments: