Wednesday 25th March '09

I slept in most of today.

I had two small dinners tonight. Two little gastronomical delights.

Seafood Vol Au Vents


For these I fried chilli, garlic, onion, scallops and prawns with fresh basil in some olive oil. I added a few good tablespoons of carnation milk to make the sauce creamy and then scooped the mixture into some vol au vent cases that I'd layered with some spinach leaves. A sprinkle of grated tasty cheese and then into the oven.

Chicken, Cheese & Veg Pie


I fried some onion, garlic, sage, marjoram, celery, leek, carrots, speck and chicken thigh in a pot with a splash of water. To thicken it up, I added some plain flour. I wish I had peas to add but couldn't find any in the freezer. I put the mixture into some little individual baking dishes, sprinkled some grated tasty cheese over them and covered the dish with a layer of puff pastry. I brushed the pastry with some egg yolk and then into the oven until the pastry cooked.

Look how gorgeous they look!


I have to say, they were delicious!


Aah Sarena, you've done it again!

No comments: