Wednesday 1st April '09

Breakfast
Toasted Ham, Sundried Tomato & Cheese Roll


Lunch
Continental Cup-A-Soup Creamy Mushroom
Christina's Sundried Tomato & Olive Quiche




After work today, I headed over to Vernon, Victoria & Vincent's place where we were going to make dinner tonight. Vincent, Vernon and I walked to the shops to get groceries.

Back at home, Vernon was my soux chef. I had him wash, chop and prepare all the food. I convinced him that it's normal practice to dry the basil with a hair dryer. *giggle*

We brushed the chicken thighs with honey, then I had a brainwave - let's stuff some fresh basil and garlic cloves beneath the skin. So he did. He had to rebrush the chicken with honey again afterwards.


Victoria & Vernon


Vernon eating the chicken fat I'd trimmed off the thighs


Into the oven until the skin turned almost black from the honey. The skin's the best bit!

Dinner
Roasted Honey Glazed Chicken with Basil & Garlic
Roasted Carrots, Potato & Garlic
Steamed Broccoli


For dessert, Victoria made crepes, with me as her soux chef. She made the crepes and by the fourth one, she was an expert! We layered sliced banana on top, then sprinkled some chocolate over and served with walnuts, creme brulee flavoured ice cream, and some overcooked chocolate sauce that looked like dog poo.

No comments: