Thursday 11th June '09

Tonight I'm having seafood.

I didn't have any ginger, so Mum found a piece of fresh lemongrass for me to use. She shredded it into strips and I lay this onto some aluminium foil.

n this layer of lemongrass, I laid a fillet of barramundi and then slices of fresh tomato ontop. A sprinkle of cracked black pepper, a splash of olive oil and I wrapped it in the foil and set it aside while I prepared my scallops.

I pried the scallops off the shells and rinsed both the scallop and shell in some cold water.

n a bowl I combined some cajun crumbs, olive oil and a dash of cooking cream. I coated the scallops in this mixture and let them marinate for about half an hour while I went to shower and get into my comfy PJs. The cajun crumbs I made a while ago out of crushed Jatz biscuits and cajun spices. I use it to sometimes coat chicken or pork.

All refreshed and getting every so hungry, I arranged the scallop shells onto a baking tray and spooned a scallop back onto each shell. I made sure to use up all the creamy mixture. I popped the scallops into the oven with the barramundi fillet and they both baked for about twenty five minutes. I kept a close eye on them because the scallops wouldn't take long to cook.

my scallops


the cooked barramundi fillet


Time to plate up!


Dinner
Baked Cajun Scallops
Lemongrass & Tomato Barramundi on a bed of Rocket


To compliment my seafood, a glass of red that my cousin Raymond bought for me for my birthday recently.

2007 Fishbone Merlot, WA


After dinner, I used the rest of the swiss mushrooms to make some mushroom soup.

Mushroom Soup with Pancetta Crisps


Simba fast asleep like a little baby

No comments: