Friday 14th August '09

Tonight I met some friends for dinner in Subiaco. We decided on the venue earlier in the week.


BUDDHA BAR RESTAURANT
88 Rokeby Road, Subiaco

Dinner was booked for 7pm and when I finally arrived there, we were pretty much the only ones there. I suppose it was still early. That and it was raining buckets outside.

Vegetable Jal Frezi
garden fresh vegetables, carrots, cauliflower, onion,
capsicum & potato tossed in a tomato and onion gravy,
makhni sauce, spices and lime juice - $16


Balinese Nasi Goreng
stir fried rice stir fried in a "very very very" hot wok
with prawn crackers on top, served with seafood - $25


Yes, I think the descriptions on their menus need a bit of work!


Malaysian Mee Goreng
fried noodles - hokkien egg noodles and stirfried
with prawn crackers on top, served with seafood - $25


Malabari Beef Curry
traditional slow cooked chunky beef curry with potatoes,
coconut milk and medium chilli - $22


The food was ok. We also ordered a plain naan and a garlic naan, which cost $4 and $4.50 respectively. They were brick hard when they cooled down and the pieces I ate tasted like charcoal. A bit disappointing for such a nice location in Subiaco.

After dinner, we crossed the street to the Regal Theatre to watch Les Miserables. I've been trying to see this musical for years now, but everytime it's showing in Perth, I'm busy or at work.

After dinner, we went back to Ling and Shallen's place. Now, five years ago we would have found a few bottles of wine and polished them off. Not tonight. Just to show how far we've come, we spent a few hours discussing budgets and it became a sort of seminar when I got my laptop out.

Getting old!

No comments: