Saturday 15th August '09

Tonight we went out to celebrate a work mate's birthday.


SEIZAN
Japanese Restaurant & Karaoke Bar

566 Hay Street, Perth (downstairs from street level)

We all prepaid for the 'Dinner & Karaoke Bar Special' - $35 per person.

This included:

Entree:

Deep Fried Chicken


California Roll


The chicken was beautiful! Crispy little deep fried pieces that we dipped in Japanese mayonnaise. They could have been a bit more generous with the mayo though. I'm usually not a fan of californian rolls because I prefer my nori rolls with some sort of meat or seafood. I took a bite out of my first one, went to put the rest back down on the plate and found a hair. There was a bit of apprehension with the waitress when I told her and I basically had to ask her to bring me another entree. She pointed at the half eaten nori roll and asked if I wanted that replaced (in pretty much just head nods) but I told her that I wanted the whole dish replaced. *shakes her head*

Main:

Fish Teriyaki


We each had the choice of beef, chicken or fish teriyaki for the main course. I chose the fish. The fish looked dismal on the plate when it arrived. There was a small heap of salad with dressing that tasted of sesame oil. The fish tasted nice though. We also got a small bowl of steamed rice and a bowl of miso. There was about half a cup of miso in the bowl. The meal portion was rather disappointing and quite frankly, I don't think I got value for what I paid. We were only served water - the price didn't even include soft drinks.

We also received a "Free Drinks Voucher" to the value of $5 to use in the karaoke bar upstairs. Mine went towards a $8.50 shot of peach vodka.

No comments: