at Ling & Shallen's
For the first time this month, I finally feel like spring is here. The overcast, raining nights are giving way to the warm sunny days. Perfect weather for outdoor entertaining.
We were all amazed and loved the makeshift brick BBQ table Ling and Shallen had constructed out of bricks. We crowded around as the food cooked and then lazed around stuffing ourselves.
Such an awesome lazy day with fantastic foods and friends. All washed down with a few beers. The chicken wings were awesome!! So were the prawns. Everything was delicious! I'll be sad to see our steamboats get packed away now that the weather is warming up, but I'm excited and drooling over the BBQ's we'll be having instead.
- In a pot, bring all the soup ingredients to the boil and simmer while preparing the wantans.
- Combine all the ingredients for the wantan fillings.
- Make the dumplings by putting a small amount of filling on each wantan wrapper and bringing all the corners together to encase the meat in the centre.
- Add the wantans to the soup and cook for about five minutes or until the wantans begin to float to the surface.
- Serve with fresh spring onions.
I always add whatever Chinese vegetables I can find in the fridge. If you put the dried salted fish in a little teabag filter, you don't need to fish them out individually because they're not particularly nice to eat.