Sardine & Rocket Salad
I packed my lunch last night - homegrown rocket, sliced red onion, quartered cherry tomatoes, torn up bread roll, a can of sardines in tomato sauce, and olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. A light, healthy lunch with protein.
After work, I stopped by at Coles to take advantage of a special promotion they're running on the Philadelphia Cream Cheese range of products. If you purchase any three of their product range, you receive a recipe book for FREE! One of the ladies at work picked up a copy on one of her courier runs and I flicked through it and it had gorgeous pictures! I love Philadelphia cream cheese so this was one promotion I didn't want to miss!
As I usually do when I'm on the day shift, I took him for a walk around the neighbourhood. It was such beautiful weather, the fresh air (as well as the panadeine I took) really helped me overcome the headache I'd had all day. When we got home, I prepared Simba's dinner.
I scooped out his canned food and molded it on a plate into the shape of - A BONE!
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Sautee the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic, chilli flakes, rosemary and a splash of water and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and speck and fry for a few minutes.
- Add the cream and the remainder of the water and simmer. When the cream sauce begins to bubble, turn the heat to low and simmer for several minutes.
- Stir in al dente pasta and toss around in the sauce until coated.
- Serve with fresh basil.
This isn't a traditional carbonara sauce because I didn't use eggs, but it's close!