Monday 11th January 2010

Singapore - Day Eight

Wakey wakey Lucas!

I went one MRT stop away to Yew Tee today. My Aunty told me there were plenty of shops there and things to see. I didn't want to go far as I felt really lazy today, so I decided to go check it out and find lunch.

Chinese New Year decorations are already up!


2010 is the Year of the Tiger

Upon exiting the MRT station at Yew Tee, I found what looked like a shopping centre so I went in there in search of a food court. Found one!

I went to the Yong Tau Foo stall and asked for the laksa soup and rice noodles.

Laksa - SD$4.5
I picked eggplant, enoki, kang kong and chillies


I did a bit of last minute shopping and walked around for a bit, but there really wasn't much.

Rambutan


Durian


In the evening, I met up with David and we went for drinks at the New Asia bar at the Swissotel Stamford. We were joined shortly by a few of his friends.

David, myself & Hon Tym


David, Ravneet & Hon Tym


We attempted a 'blue steel' photo.


Let's try again...
I'ts more like "Who wants to be the next Top Model?"


After drinks, we went to supper at a little tapas place.

LIMON

A classy looking little place, with impeccable service.


Not to mention it was Happy Hour with the food menu.

Order one dish, get one dish free.

Upon arrival we were served a complimentary palate cleanser...
I forget what it actually was though!








I was busy taking photos so I was
too slow to get at the desserts!


The wine was beautiful -
2002 Solar de Libano Rioja from Spain




Back at my Aunty's place she was just putting away what they had for dinner, so I polished the leftovers up!

Soup and Stirfried Kang Kong

No comments: