Sunday 17th January 2010

This afternoon I delightedly unpacked the latest addition to my collection of kitchenwares.

My yummy yellow 4.3L Le Creuset 24cm round French oven!


I christened it by making a deliciously hearty beef stew.

Look at the marrow on these pieces of beef! *licks her lips*


As usual, I lightly coated the beef with plain flour, fried them on both sides lightly to seal in the juices, and then set them aside.


Onion, garlic, chilli, celery, carrots, potatoes, tomato, red wine, beef stock and dried rosemary.


I simmered the stew on the stove top for almost two hours! I was busy cleaning the aquarium so I didn't check on it as often as I should have, so the bottom was a bit burnt in the end. I should do it in the oven next time. Nevermind, with a bit of elbow grease and fresh lemon juice I was able to scrub my Le Creuset pot clean.

Bon apetit!


Wolf Blass 'Founders' selection 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon


I also had Pimms with Ginger Ale & fresh Mint

No comments: