Tuesday 19th January 2010

Lunch
Ham & Salad Sandwich


I defrosted a large maryland of chicken for tonight's dinner.

I picked some fresh sage from the garden, intending to grind it in the mortar with some chilli and sea salt. Unfortunately, the sage was far too tough to be ground up. I had to spoon it all into the food processor and it worked a treat.

Sage, chilli & sea salt.


I spooned this mixture underneath the skin of the chicken and baked it in the oven with some potatoes and carrots. About five minutes before turning the oven off, I threw in some asparagus.


Dinner
Chicken roasted with Sage, Chilli & Sea Salt
Roasted Potatoes, Carrots & Asparagus


Look at that crispy skin and delicious flavour beneath it!


What a delicious way to cook the chicken! I must do this again.

No comments: