Tuesday 5th January 2010

Singapore - Day Three

I had brunch at the hawker across the street from the hotel today.

Sliced Fish Congee - SD$3

It also came with a yew char keuh that I dipped into the porridge. Crispy and light. Freshly fried, unlike the ones you get in Perth.

Afterwards, I went back across the street to Roxy Square where there are a plethora of beauty salons. I traversed the mall a few times before deciding on a place to have a much needed manicure and pedicure.

There were lots of places to get massages...



Insomnia at Chijmes

I wandered over to Raffles City and then across the street to find somewhere to eat at Chijmes. It was quiet and relaxing dining out in the alfresco area.

Coconut Mango Prawn Salad
with Walnut & Shallot Vinaigrette - SD$14


Admiring my newly acquired manicure.



After lunch I headed over to Clarke Quay.




the TAPAS TREE at Clarke Quay



Baked stuffed Aubergine with Tomato & Parmesan Sauce - SD$9


Grilled King Prawns with Romesco Sauce - SD$19.5


Deepfried Potatoes in Spicy Spanish Tomato Sauce - SD$8.5


I was leisurely enjoying my tapas and was onto my third sangria when my cousin, David, joined me.

Beef Tenderloin cubes sauteed in Olive Oil & Garlic - SD$15


Traditional Spanish Omelette with Potatoes & Onions - SD$8.5


A signature dish from Valencia with Chorizo, Chicken, Pork,
Mussels, Squid, Shrimps, Fish, Vegetables & Eggs - SD$40


All in all, the food was average. But majorly overpriced!! That's Clarke Quay for you.

After dinner I went to the Yello Jello bar for a few drinks and to check out the live band. They were a bit corny, but they played some good songs, albeit with a hint of a Singlish accent! The bar had a Beatles Mania theme, being named after the Beatles' hit 'the Yellow Submarine'.

On the way back to the hotel, I asked the taxi driver to stop by at a 24hr hawker centre so that I could grab supper to take back to the hotel.

Fish Porridge - SD$3.5


I was famished so I ate about half of this, but it was rather disappointing after the fish congee I had this morning. This was just rice watered down with water.

No comments: