Wednesday 6th January 2010

Singapore - Day Four

I took a taxi to Orchard Road this morning. I did some window shopping in the high end fashion stores as I made my way to Food Village, which is the food court located in the basement level of Takashimaya.

Beef Noodle Soup - SD$5

These noodles satisfied my craving for beef noodles, but they were rather average. And overpriced, being Orchard Road.

I strolled along Orchard Road and eventually came to the new shopping mall
- ION Orchard.



the NAUTILUS PROJECT at ION Orchard


Chilled Ocean King Prawns from the Ice Bar
served with Nautilus cocktail sauce & grilled ciabatta
SD$12.5 for 8 pieces

I asked whether the prawns were shelled or not, and was told that they were not. However, my waitress returned to me after I placed my order to inform me that the chef would be happy to shell them for me. Sweet!

I had a few glasses of 2008 Shearwater Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, New Zealand for SD$13 per glass.

The prawns were delicious fresh, plump and juicy. I ordered a side serve of garden salad to enjoy with the cocktail sauce as dressing.

Basil Campari Martini
basil infused campari, orange juice,
fresh basil leaves & kirsch-infused cherry
SD$15.5

This cocktail was the bomb!! The basil was such a beautiful flavour in the campari. I have got to try to recreate this drink myself sometime!!

Lunch was a bit on the expensive side, especially once you add the 17% GST and service charges. But oh well, I'm on holidays.

The toilets in ION Orchard are stylish!


I took the MRT to Vivo City.


In the distance, you can see Universal Studios being constructed.
Can you spot Shrek's Castle!?


Nasi Lemak - SD$5.9
at Food Republic


I also asked for a piece of otak otak. One of my favourite foods when I'm in Singapore!

After a day of continuous eating, I was exhausted. I walked outside to the rooftop of Vivo City and decided to join a few other people in wetting my feet in the water pools. The water was warm, but it was calming and relaxing.


TIMBRE @ OLD SCHOOL


David brought me to this cool outdoor venue after he finished work. We ordered from the Happy Hour menu. A bottle of their house wine - which was a 2008 Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon - and chicken wings for SD$42.

Roasted Duck Thin Crust Pizza
roasted duck breast, sauteed shitake mushroom, popiah skin & mozzarella cheese
SD$17


We also had some cocktails when David's friends joined us.

Apple Martini


I really enjoyed the live entertainment. Timbre supports local Singaporean musicians and performing tonight was Michaela Therese. She was fantastic! We wrote several requests and she did her best to sing most of them.

Back at the hotel, I had a snack before bed.

Spicy Seafood Instant Noodles

I picked this up from the 7-Eleven behind the hotel. Not bad. I miss my instant ramen!

No comments: