Wednesday 30th December '09

Mum made sui mai and we all had some to snuffle our appetites before going out to dinner. It was Mum's 60th birthday yesterday.


YUKI JAPANESE RESTAURANT
Shop 7/113 Collins Road, Willetton

Fortunately I made a reservation because when we got there, the place was packed. I've been looking forward to eating here again, not only because of the good food, but also because I accidentally took the menu home with me last time I was here.

We ordered a few entrees but asked for them to come out altogether with our mains because we were eager to just get stuck into the food as soon as possible.

Takoyaki


Agadashi Tofu & Vegetables


David: Salmon Teriyaki Bento Set C


Mum: Beef Udon


Myself: Unagi Bento Set C


I love getting the bento set C. It comes with a bit of everything - your choice of dish - i.e. beef teriyaki, chicken katsu, unagi, etc - and sides of salad, nori rolls, tempura, miso soup, rice, and a choice of gyoza or spring rolls. I can never finish them all though. I usually have the rest taken home in a doggy bag, or I get everyone else to help me polish them of.

I brought along a bottle of wine from my extensive cellar of sorts.

Clairault Cabernet Sauvignon 2005


Jocelyn: White Truffle Ice Cream

This was delicious! Sorta like a giant Raffaelo chocolate made of ice cream.


Myself: Green Tea Ice Cream with Red Bean on the side


Yum! I love green tea ice cream.

No comments: