Monday 29th March 2010

Lunch at Work
Chickpea, Rocket & Tuna Salad


I loved the flavours in the chicken I cooked yesterday so I recreated it tonight. I marinated the chicken in olive oil, ground sweet paprika, ground white pepper, ground coriander, turmeric, and ground hot chillies. I tossed the potatoes and carrots in the marinade as well before roasting them together with the chicken in the oven at 180C for about forty minutes. The potatoes were a gorgeous colour! Too bad I didn't buy chicken thigh fillets with the skin on. The skin would have been so incredibly delicious and crispy!

I threw in the asparagus during the last five minutes of cooking and they were just perfect and tender. Sometimes when I buy asparagus, the bottom of the stalks tend to be rather woody, but these ones were tender all along the stalk. I thought asparagus was out of season but Woolworths have imported them and they're only $1.98 a bunch.

Dinner
Spicy Roasted Chicken with Vegetables & Cous Cous

No comments: