Tuesday 9th March 2010

Yesterday we ordered some cakes from a bakery to celebrate our annual 'Feast Day' at work. I missed out on them because I wasn't at work. Luckily for me, there were leftovers!


Apple & Blueberry Crumble
I loved this one the best! The crumble part on top just melted in my mouth!!
Raspberry Brulee
This cake was really nice too.
Not too sweet.
Vanilla Slice
I was really looking forward to the vanilla slice.
I took one bite, thought it tasted odd and spat it out.
It tasted weird!

I wondered if it was off.
Chocolate Eclair
I finished off morning tea with this chocolate eclair.
The cream and custard were delicious together.


Lunch at Work
Rocket Salad with Chorizo, Mixed Beans
& Homemade Sundried Tomatoes in Rosemary & Thyme


I found these sundried tomatoes that I made over a year ago from tomatoes that I grew in my own garden. I've had them in a zip lock bag in the freezer all this time. I rehydrated/marinated them with some olive oil, cracked sea salt, dried rosemary and thyme.
Dinner
Lamb Steaks with Potato Bake

One of the lamb steaks was a bit thicker than the other, so that one I had to return to the fry pan for another minute because it was too rare. I seasoned the steaks with garlic, rosemary and thyme. Lamb goes really really well with my potato bake!

No comments: