Wednesday 17th March 2010

PHUKET - DAY SIX

Our last breakfast at the Mercure Patong Beach Hotel. Our last day in Phuket. I made sure to have a big breakfast.

Fish Noodle Soup
I'm going to miss this!


Pancakes with Golden Syrup.
Too bad they didn't have ice cream.


Poached Egg, Bacon & Grilled Tomatoes.
Fresh Fruit.


We took a taxi to the airport and our flight was delayed by about an hour. The flight to Singapore was pretty uneventful. We all napped on the way. Once we got to Singapore, we rushed through immigration and claimed our luggage in no time at all. Despite the time we saved there, we were held up at the check-in aisle for an hour for our connecting flight to Perth. *grumble*

Once we'd checked in, we raced through security and into Singapore's budget terminal's departure lounge. We only had an hour to eat as much as we could before the flight home and we intended to make the most of it!

I had the Roasted Duck Noodles (dry) - SD$5


...and the Shrimp Dumpling Soup - SD$5


Kopi - SD$1.3


Meng had the Duck Noodles, then gobbled up Char Siew Rice - SD$5


Ling ordered some Soft Boiled Eggs, Kaya Toast & Kopi 'O'


With minutes to spare before boarding our plane, Ling polished off the eggs.


Onboard the plane, I got the Lamb Stew with Mashed Potatoes - SD$10


And a banana from the hotel that Shallen brought. It's so tiny!


*sigh* What an awesome holiday! I'm always weary of who I travel with because even though you're good friends, spending 24/7 together can take its toll. But I knew we'd all have alot of fun because we're all foodies and love to eat. Plus we all are comfortable enough with each other to be honest and decide what we wanted to do together. I think the important thing to do is to make sure you know what you personally want to do and also to have some time to yourself during the trip. You need to be flexible with plans and also be adventurous at the same time. I have to say, this is the cheapest overseas holiday I've been on!!

I'm a little sad to return to Perth knowing that I have no more holidays to look forward to on the horizon. Just a huge impending home loan.

I'm so brown.

No comments: