Thursday 1st April 2010

Happy April Fools Day!

After what seemed like a reaally reaaaally long day at work, I stopped by Woolworths on the way home to pick up some groceries. I bought some seafood since it's the Easter weekend.

I made a seafood stew with the marinara mix I bought. It was on special so it was rather good value. It's a mix of prawns, fish, squid and mussels. I usually prefer to make my own marinara mixture because I can pick better quality components and prepare them into the size that I want. But today it was just easier to buy the marinara mix.

I simmered onion, garlic, ground sweet paprika, chilli flakes, fish stock, a can of crushed tomatoes and celery for about half an hour until the celery was tender. I added the seafood for a few minutes - doesn't take it long to cook.

I served it up with spaghetti, grated pecorino and fresh cut chillies.

OMG it was absolutely divine!

Aah Saz! You've done it again!

No comments: